Are you aware that ACT LGBT A.C has been working on the behalf of the LGBT business community and local community in the following areas?
- Expanded the Day of the Dead event in Puerto Vallarta and helped transform it from a 1,000 people event to a 300,000 people event.
- Expanded Mardi Gras event from a parade to a 4 day event which was able to apply for federal grants.
- Helped the city to realize we can have tourism all year long but the city needs to help and to work with all the communities to create events that draw people here.
- Helped the city to realize Mexican traditions and festivals are very marketable to the international community.
- Helped the city to realize that what draws a younger hipper Mexican tourist is music festivals and beers festivals. The younger tourists are looking something new and exciting.
- Helped the city to see that when everyone works together, great things can be accomplished.
- Increased the city support of the LGBT community by donating money for the Pride event.
- Advocated to have the OCV bring the largest Press core in the city for Pride.
- ACT was able to do the largest international campaign to date for 5 months spanning all the major cities of Canada, 13 cities in the USA with 2 pop up blast to every city in the USA, and all Mexican cities. We are the only entity to promote Vallarta at that level.
- Created new Board of ACT LGBT AC.
- Monthly Networking Socials.
- Certified businesses as LGBT-Friendly.
- Continued Monthly Worshops.
- Got the Universidad de Guadalajara to do a study of LGBT tourism and the econonic impact of LGBT tourism on the city.
Accomplishments and things to look forward in 2017
- We currently have 146 active members.
- We are in process of creating the first strategic plan for the association.
- Completing legal review of the association and prepare to connect with government, other association and funding sources.
- We are researching the possibility of opening a business development office in Puerto Vallarta.
- Working on the 4 points we presented to the mayor and organizing and addressing the 25 write in problems.
- We are about to do a community survey.
- Study on economic impact under way (people were uncomfortable sharing finical data).
Thanks for all the members and BOD for their support!